How To: Empty Waste Toner Container Xerox Altalink C Series
Emptying a Waste Toner container because you don’t have a back up?
We have written a bunch of Quick Start Guides for the Xerox Altalinks.
If you think you missed a few, click here to be taken back to the directory listing.
If you are looking to lease a new unit, click here to be taken to our selector tool to help you choose the right model.
Jumping Into the Video!
This is a step by step guide explaining how to empty a waste toner container on a Xerox Altalink C Series: This is mostly identified as a waste toner container on an Altalink C8030/35/45/55 copy machine.
We here at USA Copier Lease have come across this problem for years and have a temporary solution for you! Watch this video that shows you how to empty the Xerox waste toner box until you receive the replacement unit.
2019 NEW VIDEO!!!
Step-by-Step Method to Emptying your Xerox Altalink Waste Toner Container
If you don’t have time to watch the video, you can follow these steps for another method to empty the Xerox waste toner container:
*We always suggest using brand new factory produced products for your Xerox – this is for educational purposes only.
1. Remove Waste Toner Container from the Xerox.
2. Find a SEALABLE plastic bag (we suggest a trash bag)
3. Carefully cut the thing seal from around the waste toner container.
4. Gently remove the screws holding the top of the container to the bottom.
5. Place the whole container into the bag and slowly empty it and shake the whole Xerox waste toner container and you will see the bag filling with the powder waste.
6. Continue until empty and then wipe the excess with paper towel best you can.
7. Clean the clear plastic square, this needs to be wiped down and cleaned as best as possible.
8. After the cleaning is complete, reassemble the waste toner container with the screws and use a piece of clear tape all around the outside to reseal the container together.
9. Once reassembled, you can reinstall into your machine until you backup one arrives (assuming you did order a back up…right?) =)
The goal is to not only empty the container, but also clean the clear plastic area so that the sensor reads the xerox waste toner container as empty.
Please be careful when doing this – toner may spill and make a mess. Even worse, if you do not seal the waste toner container back correctly before reinstall, the toner may spill inside the machine. This would make a very large me.
Subsequently, if you found this page and need to order maintenance or supplies for your Xerox device, reach out to us here. If you don’t have a Magnum Toner Inclusive Maintenance Package that includes free supplies and service, you can find more information and pricing here
There might come a time that you forget to order your Xerox waste Toner Container and the Xerox copier or printer completely stops working and doesn’t let you proceed with printing, copying, or scanning. Sometimes, this is because your waste toner cartridge has become full. The copy machine will stop functioning altogether when the waste container is full of…well waste toner. You will see an error message on the display screen telling you that you need to replace the waste container. Unfortunately, you somehow forgot to order your replacement Xerox waste toner container (Xerox Part #8R13061 or 008r13061).
This is one of our helpful guides we have created for our series, “How To: Altalink”.
Looking for more great how to’s, click here to be taken back to the directory listing.
Looking for a new Xerox?
ABOUT USA Copier Lease
USA Copier Lease is an exclusive Xerox dealer and our clients are across the United States.
We can service and support your Xerox devices anywhere in the United States with a guaranteed same day / next day on-site service guarantee.
In addition, to learn more about how USA Copier Lease can help your organization assess your existing copier leases or provide a quote for new copier, call (800) 893 1183 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have read this far and are an IT organization looking for a Xerox Partner to pass referrals to, Contact us. We provide great incentives for copier referrals past.